Sunday, August 4, 2013

Well.. hey.

I guess first blog posts are always awkward, yeah?

You don't know if you're just wasting time (is the blog gonna be lame, a pathetic regret?), or if it's actually gonna be a fun place to collect your memories and book/film reviews and TV fangirling/fanboying and all that. Hopefully, it's all that I want out of it, and hopefully, people who are unfortunate enough to come here will laugh/appreciate/think about what I say.

So:

I'm Rhys. Teenager from the U.S. I go to prep school, and:

I go see movies with friends (favorites: The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo, Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, The Great Gatsby and Inception).

Go to the gym.

I sometimes tweet here.

Listen to music, esp. Florence + the Machine, Lana Del Rey, MS MR, the Yeah Yeah Yeahs and the XX.

Read (favorites: White Cat by Holly Black, The Diviners by Libba Bray, Daughter of Smoke and Bone by Laini Taylor, Harry Potter by--well, you obviously know who wrote Harry Potter. Also big fan of Stieg Larsson and Maggie Stiefvater).

Watch/flip-the-fuck-out over TV shows (mainly Orphan Black and American Horror Story.)

Orphan Black is best show ever- promise. Tatiana Maslany, clones, gov. conspiracies, BBC, Tatiana Maslany, great writing, brilliant, strong, diverse cast, Tatiana Maslany??

Walk around cities with friends and drink Starbucks and be stereotypical hipsters-- although I really hope no one thinks of me as a hipster.

...

All right, well that's it. The awkwardness is done, right?



1 comment:

  1. It's a blawg.

    I'm too lazy to figure out how to keep Google from posting all of my comments as Anonymous on this shiz. But here's your first comment anyway.

    -Lex

    ReplyDelete